It’s time again for the Goodwill “Pass it on Challenge” brought to you by 13abc! The “Goodwill Pass it on Challenge” is a friendly competition each week between two local high schools that battle off the field in a donation drive benefiting Goodwill Industries of Northwest Ohio.
Each week, a Goodwill donation trailer will be placed at each of the selected schools beginning the Monday prior to that week’s game on Friday. During the week, Goodwill attendants will accept donations of clothing, household items and furniture. Receipts for the tax deductible donation will be available from the attendant.
On Friday, the trailers will be weighed and the school that has collected the most weight will be announced as the winner of that week’s challenge. The winner will receive a $500 scholarship from Goodwill and 13abc!
Your match up will take place the week October 16 – October 19. Winner will be announced game day of October 20th between Gibsonburg and Cardinal Stritch.
- Baby/Infant furniture and large toys. Due to controls determined by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, these items will be accepted based on management approval.
- Bed springs.
- Brick, concrete or stone.
- Water beds.
- Computers and computer componets.
- Encyclopedia’s – Only if not in a complete set.
- Fuel cans.
- Furniture in need of extreme repair or soiled.
- Hospital beds.
- Hot water heaters.
- Items fueled by propane or kerosene.
- Large appliances – refrigerators, washers, dryers, ect..
- Organs and pianos.
- Scrap lumber.
- Stereo consoles.
- Tires (of any kind).
- Trash compactors.
- Used toilets, sinks, shower stalls, tubs or plumbing pipes.
- Opened paint cans.
- Home made tapes and videos.
- Used mattresses and pillows.
- Used Medical Supplies.
- Unpackaged window blinds.
Mission Statement: Goodwill Industries of Northwest Ohio is a nonprofit organization providing assessment, job training, and placement that assist people in our community with disabilities and other work-related disadvantages to become independent. Goodwill accomplishes this mission by operating retail stores and other businesses within the community to provide on-the-job
training and fund programs.